Well, this has become a tradition on my blog, so here goes. This is a review of the year on my blog. Note that I share our family activities and my crafting adventures on my blog. In early January we went up to Semiahmoo for a mini getaway. The rest of the month was all about robotics - competitions and preparation.
In February, Seattle won the Superbowl! We ventured to Vancouver for a mini getaway and at home we cheered on Canada's hockey team to gold in the Olympics. I created a Valentines Day mantle and some nose Valentines for a classroom exchange. I enjoyed my annual trip to the Northwest Flower and Garden show. The robotics season finally ended and that was a good thing.
In the month of March I made a spring fabric garland. We watched our oldest son play the bass drum in concert for the first time. J and I celebrated my birthday with afternoon tea at the Four Seasons.
We spent some of our spring break at Suncadia. We had a fun visit to the Pacific Science Center and took in the exhibit on espionage. I made paper hydrangea Easter eggs and another fabric garland. Gardening started up in earnest.
In May J and I were so proud to see both of our boys be baptised and take communion for the first time. . Both of our dads came for this event. C had his crossing over ceremony at Cub Scouts. We enjoyed Aviation Day at Paine Field. I made a clay pot wreath.
In June I received some unexpected health news. We had a fun birthday party for C at the hobby store. A received the President's Award for academic achievement. We took a short vacation to Vancouver and met up with my parents.
In July I went to the doctor and/or the hospital many times for various tests. I love to go to Jetty Island and we went twice this past summer.
In August we travelled to Yellowstone National Park for vacation. I had surgery to remove several lymph nodes. I enjoyed a Dahlia show.
In September A entered middle school. I created a Back to School mantle. We celebrated A's birthday at Elevated Sportz and in our backyard. J and C went to Scout camp.
October's craft projects were: fruit made from books, melty beads, and making a Minecraft Halloween costume. We had beautiful weather and visited two different pumpkin patches. I received good news regarding my health. We cheered on A at his soccer games.
In November I finally finished my fall mantle. We had our family photos taken by Jill at a Christmas tree farm.
We watched a lot of Seahawks games. We celebrated Thanksgiving at home.
In December I blogged about Christmas and the books I read in 2014. The first robotics competition was December 13th.
Throughout the year I continued to count my gifts. I really hope to get closer to 1000 this year. No, I won't stop then, but it would be a great milestone to achieve.
Thanks for reading!Pin It
Wednesday, December 31, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment