Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentine's Day Mantle

I'm excited to show off my Valentine's Day Mantle. It was actually one of the cheapest mantles I've done. I bought a new apothecary jar (50% off at Michael's) and I had to buy some candy but other than that, it was next to free. I shopped my house, crafted, and found a free printable. I love how the red items really pop in front of my blue wall.

Here is a close up of the love printable I found online.
It is 1 Corinthians 13. I found the red, pink, and white candies in the bulk section at Winco. The frame is from my stash of thrift store finds. I painted it white.

For the big X and O, I got the paper mache letters at JoAnns. I put mod podge on them and dumped a LOT of red glitter on them. This isn't for the faint of heart. You will end up covered in glitter and it will end up in crazy places. The valentines are reproductions of vintage Valentines from this book: Vintage Valentines (Press Out Book). The window is from my stash of old stuff found at flea markets. I was looking around for things to fill up space and the John 3:16 print (vintage) was just on my bookshelf. I thought it was perfect. If you click on the photo, you can zoom in.
The garland I made last year. It is made with playing cards and various ribbon.Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails