Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 A Year in Review

Well, I've given in and decided to do a recap of the year. To say that a lot happened would be an understatement.

In January and February we started shopping for a minivan. It was a long slow process and we had to take a break due to my health issues. We eventually found a nice used van in June. I went to the Northwest Flower and Garden Show which is always a highlight for me. I also had surgery to remove my thyroid.

In March, C played baseball for the first time. He liked it enough to want to play again in 2014.

In April the boys had Spring Break and we took a short trip to Wenatchee to enjoy warmer sunnier weather. Due to a water leak our kitchen was torn apart and we stayed in temporary housing for a few days. Also in April I went through the unpleasant experience of going off my thyroid meds in order to prepare for radioactive iodine treatment. Being off the thyroid medication was the hardest part of 2013. I also went on the low iodine diet for a while.

May and June: I had radioactive iodine and was isolated for a few days. We celebrated C's birthday with an elaborate science party planned and executed by my husband.

In July my father in law visited us and helped to build two tree houses in our backyard. We went on vacation to the Okanagan region of BC.

The annual father son hike and camping trip took place in August. They tackled Mt. Pilchuk this year.

In September I traveled to my hometown of Calgary (alone) to celebrate my parents 50th anniversary.
I visited the farm (well the land that is left) where I lived from birth until age 11.

In October I went to Ruffles and Rust and I drove A to a lot of soccer practices. I took photos at all the games. I put together a slide show of photos of the players and got some great compliments from the parents.

In November all four of us traveled to Victoria to celebrate my parents 50th anniversary with a second party! I was able to show my slide show (which I spent hours putting together) to the attendees. I got my boys to wear ties for the occasion.
December was pretty uneventful other than a cold weather snap and the mystery virus which is currently afflicting me.

I'm hoping that 2014 is a LOT quieter!

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails