Sunday, June 30, 2013

Lil' Slugger

My youngest son played baseball this spring for the first time. I'm so proud of him for his dedication and perseverance. It was a tough season. His team (randomly formed) was full of first time players like him. The Red Hots only won one game. The other teams were almost all comprised of more experienced players. One team had been playing together for years! Unfortunately a few games ended because of the mercy rule - we were behind 10 runs.

I took photos of the team at all the games I attended. I enjoy having a goal while I'm watching. I created a Shutterfly team site to share the photos with the parents.
C a the first game of the season.

First time at base.

Fielding in the rain.

At the bat, on a sunny day!

C playing catcher position.

C and his teammates in the "dugout."

My hubby helped out with coaching as much as he could. He's coaching first base here but he's also joking around with C.


C running to first base.

C and his teammates improved so much over the season. C says that he might play again next year. So for now, A's sport is soccer and C's sport is baseball.Pin It

2 comments:

Colette said...

Fun pics, Sheila!

Laura Tackitt - Online PhD Schools said...

He does look like he’s having a great time, and I like their uniforms as well. It is very good to support your children to play some sport and do some outdoor activities instead of letting them sit in front of the TV or PC that is good parenting.

http://online-phd-uk.co.uk/

Related Posts with Thumbnails