C organized a Night of Worship on Friday June 3rd.
It was something he decided to do months ago. He struggled with finalizing a date and a location. He had hoped to use a church but was unable to get permission. The worship team were all students. Some juniors and some younger. There were 4 vocalists (two guys and two girls) who took turns leading. There was a keyboard player, a box drum player, and 3 guitar players.
C was the organizer. He prayed and spoke briefly.
| click to enlarge |
It was held in the backyard of the drama teacher (married to the choir teacher). Five canopies protected everyone from the rain which started to fall half way through. This photo was taken before all the crowd was there.
I would guess that there were about 25 people there, maybe 30. There was only one other parent who attended. The mom of one of the vocalists who is a freshman. Some CPC alumni showed up (3 young men). Word of mouth. Yes, that's A's friend in the top photo. It was over at about 8:30. They had a campfire afterwards but J and I left.
It started raining quite hard about half way through so those canopies were needed. They sang 10 songs, I believe. How Deep the Father's Love and In Christ Alone were the only hymns.
One small issue was words for the songs. J and I used our phones to look up lyrics. I think a lot of the kids know the songs well. I tried to sing loudly to encourage the kids around me who maybe didn't know the songs. Maybe next time C will ask me to print up "song sheets."
I'm super proud of C and his desire to bring people together to worship God. Last fall J and I were talking with one of the teachers at CPC (just casually) about what C would do in the future. This teacher said I could see him as a pastor. I laughed at the time but now it doesn't seem that much of a stretch.
No comments:
Post a Comment