C's one act was performed on June 7th. C's friend Gavin played Hamlet. C played Claudius the King. Sometimes Shakespeare plays are set in different times or places for variety. This version of Hamlet was set in the 1920s. Since it was a one act play, the play was in abridged format.
The play was performed in the new middle school building. I loved how well lit this setting was compared to the usual location of the commons in the high school building. The acoustics were better as well. The kids sit on the floor while the adults sit in chairs.
A was unable to attend since he started his summer job that day. There were several fights during the play. J enjoyed those. They were pretty convincing but no one was hurt. G was fantastic as Hamlet. I was surprised that he wasn't nominated for a best actor award. We know G from Scouts.
C enjoys sourcing props. The table used in a few plays was found by C and I at Value Village. I spray painted it brown. I ordered a few props from Amazon and I'll be reimbursed.
I attended three other one act plays and enjoyed them very much. The quality seems to be getting better every year. Here is C with his proud parents
| click to enlarge |
The drama awards were given out on June 10th. C received a director's award. That award is given out by each (student) director of each play to the person who was a servant leader or the most helpful to the cast and director. This award is more meaningful since it is based on character. I don't have a photo of C with that award yet. Here is C with his friend M who was the director.
C has only been in serious plays during his time in Drama. We joke that he is "typecast." A more likely explanation is that he likes working with his friend M who seems to gravitate to serious plays.
No comments:
Post a Comment