On Good Friday we took the BC ferry from Twawwassen (near Vancouver). On Saturday, my mom and I went to Butchart Gardens which is north of Victoria. The flowers put on an incredible display for us.
I always learn something when I visit Butchart. This flower was one that I'd never seen before.
A fritillaria raddeana.
I went to two of my favourite stores on Saturday afternoon - Mercedes Lane on Cook Street (women's clothes) and Super Chance (consignment store) in James Bay. I found a plate for my collection. On Saturday night we had supper at Odgen Point Cafe which is right next to the sea wall. I had a delicious quinoa and chicken salad. Here is C posing by the sea wall.
On Sunday morning we had a very good breakfast at Cora's in downtown Victoria. We went to my parent's church for Easter service. Three people were baptized and gave their testimonies. We had a delicious Easter buffet where my parent live. While we waited to be seated, a lady was playing various hymns on the piano. I played name that tune and my son C was quite impressed with how many I identified.
In the afternoon we went to Saxe Point park in Esquimalt. There was a plaque about the first person to ever to swim the Strait of Juan de Fuca.
My climber A enjoyed the challenge of the rocks. I enjoyed the views and pretended that I was along the coast of England.
Later we went to Oak Bay Marina and fed the seals with fish that was for sale. One seal was quite the ham and clapped for his food.
In the evening, my dad, J, and the boys played crokinole (my dad has a board) and the boys discovered a "new" game that has been around since the 1860s. What is crokinole? A game played on a board like this.
![]() |
| note: this is not my photo. Source. |
Pin It

No comments:
Post a Comment