Monday, March 16, 2015

Week in Review - March 15th

Funny that we're all wearing navy. We didn't plan that!
I don't normally do this type of blog post but a lot of different things happened this past week and I want to remember them.

The first event of note this past week was chaperoning for a service project day for my son A and his fellow middle schoolers. There were many different locations and projects going on throughout the day. I traveled by charter bus with 30 or so kids to Northwest Harvest warehouse in Kent. The bus ride itself was pretty eye opening. I learned that SOME middle schoolers are talking about their crushes and some of the girls are very pushy! At the warehouse we donned hair nets and gloves and went to work! We were taking 50 pound bags of oats and splitting them up into smaller bags and then put 19 bags into a box. These boxes are then sent to numerous food banks around the area. We had various jobs such as scooping oats, running, packaging, and boxing. I supervised and also participated. It was fun work. Later that day A helped clean up a local park. I had a previous commitment so I didn't join him for that portion of the day.

On Friday we had the awards night for Robotics. My husband J (the head coach) gave a speech and then handed out awards to each member of his team which includes my son A.

Saturday we went to the Compassion Experience. That is the photo above. It is hard to put into words the impact that it had on me. This was a 30 minute audio and visual demonstration of life before and after a child enters the Compassion sponsorship. If you are able to attend one, I can't recommend it highly enough. It was so moving. Our family currently sponsors two children through Compassion.
Saturday night we went to see Paddington in the theatre. We don't often go to the theatre but this movie was worth it! I highly recommended the movie. It was very funny and sweet. Perfect for all ages.Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails