I haven't blogged in a while so here's a mishmash of things. Hockey and gardening. We continue to enjoy Spring weather even before Spring has officially started.
We went to a junior hockey game on Friday night. This is an annual outing with the Cub Scouts. I laughed so hard when I found out what team the Silvertips were playing. The Calgary HitMen! Guess whose home town that is? Mine! I decided to try to cheer for them. There was one gal near our seats that was wearing a Calgary jersey. She bravely stood up and rang her cowbell (all alone) when Calgary scored. It was an exciting game and yes, there was some fighting. Everett played very well and won 7 to 2. They scored first just 43 seconds into the game. The shots on goal was very unbalanced. Calgary outshot Everett 43 to 29.
Gardening season has officially started. I planted some sugar snap peas. Yesterday I cleaned out some of my raised beds and found tons of carrots that I had neglected to harvest in the fall. They are still good and I gave a whole bunch away to a friend.
This is less than half of them! Now, how many things can I make with carrots? :)
Pin It
Sunday, March 01, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Too funny about the carrots. I love carrot soup.
Crocuses have recently become very special to me and I was wondering if you ever share your photos. (It would just be for me personally. I wouldn't be posting it publicly.) 😊
Post a Comment