Today I did a lot of preparation for the diet. This was complicated by the fact that I was putting my kitchen back together after I didn't have my full kitchen (no sink and limited counters) for a week due to a water leak and subsequent repairs and reconstruction. Ugg. I spent a chunk of my day finding things and putting them back into cupboards and discovering that lots of things were covered with a fine layer of sawdust.
I wanted to have at least a few days' lunches made ahead of time and I have a week of meals planned.
Today I made:
- Dill, Pea and Carrot Soup - page 67 - ThyCa Low Iodine Cookbook
- Zucchini Bread - page 100 - ThyCa Low Iodine Cookbook
- Steel cut oatmeal (overnight oatmeal) - made with non-iodized salt and no milk.
The soup is huge! I won't need many more soups, unless I get really bored of it.
I had a little bowl of ice cream tonight - my last for a while. I expect that having my black tea without milk and no lattes will be hard.
Pin It

No comments:
Post a Comment