Monday, April 22, 2013

Low Iodine Diet Day One

I'm on the Low Iodine Diet to prepare to get radioactive iodine treatment. I'm blogging it to help others to plan their own meals.

Breakfast: Steel Cut Oatmeal with raisins, non salted sliced almonds, cranberries. The funny thing about the overnight oatmeal that I made ended up with too much non-iodized salt in it! I had to remake it.

Zucchini Bread - sorry for the blurry photo!
Snack: Zucchini Bread - ThyCa Cookbook - page 100, strawberries.

Lunch: Dill, Pea and Carrot Soup - ThyCa Cookbook - page 67, an orange.

Snack: Matzo cracker.

Supper: Beef and Peppers Stir Fry -Thyroid Cancer Canada Low Iodine Diet Recipe Collection  - page 154.

Drinks: black tea, water with lemon slices, IZZE - pomegranate (no red dye).

Today was OK. I had a headache for part of the day. I think it came from all the work I did yesterday.Pin It

2 comments:

As He Leads is Joy said...

Sounds like a good first day I love carrot soup.

Colette said...

Looks like some pretty good meals! Praying for this time to go smoothly and quickly for you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails