Monday, April 29, 2013

Low Iodine Diet Day Eight, Isolation Day One


No breakfast or lunch today!!!

I went to the radiation department at the hospital just after 10 am. I had a whole body scan which took about an hour and then waited for my dosage. I received the radioactive iodine pill (which came in a lead container) at 1:45 pm. I still had to wait 30 more minutes until I could eat. The last time I had eaten was a snack around 9 pm the night before. What a long fast and all I could drink was water!

Snack: banana, matzo crackers, strawberries.

Well, I'm isolated. It is a beautiful sunny day.

Dinner: chicken peanut stew. This is something I regularly feed my family. I made adjustments to fit the diet. I used water in stead of chicken broth, the peanut butter is natural anyway, the canned tomatoes were unsalted and the added salt was non-iodized. I made this in the morning, with my husband's help, before leaving for the hospital, while fasting! It tasted great after not eating for so long.

I packed my food along. I have a microwave and fridge here. The good news is that I get to end the low iodine diet one day earlier than I thought. It ends on Wednesday afternoon!

I'm setting up Skpe right now so I talk to my family and see them, too. Grandma, you're next!Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails