Sunday, September 09, 2012

"It was awesome!"

My son said his party was awesome! 
We had his 9th birthday party at the Family Fun Center in Edmonds.

Laser tag was the first activity.

Next was bumper boats which should be called spray boats. Perfect for such a hot day. I think the high was around 80 degrees.


I didn't plan on driving a go cart at the party. My main job was photography. The height restriction for the go carts was surprisingly tough. Four of the boys weren't tall enough to drive the cars. Thankfully one of the dads was sticking around so he could drive his son, my youngest son said it was "too frightening," my hubby drove the birthday boy and I drove another boy. I think I'd like to go back and drive the go carts again.

The bungee trampoline - which only some chose to do.



The ropes course. My son surprised us by doing this one and enjoying it.
In this photo you can see the height of the ropes course and the bungee trampoline.

The roller coaster simulator. Only two boys were brave enough to try this. You wouldn't catch me in that thing!


Bumper cars. This one probably should have had a height restriction since some boys complained that the safety strap was painful on their necks.


After 2 hours at the Family Fun Center (aka boy heaven!) we drove all the boys  (minus A's tall friend who attends a church that meets on Saturday nights)
to our house for otter pops, present opening, and cake.


I asked Sherri Felman to make the cake for me. A's favourite animals right now are wolves so the cake is a wolf's head. The frosting looks like fur.


Since some of the boys didn't know each other, my hubby asked each one to introduce himself and say how he knows A. One boy said he wasn't sure. :)

Today, the playroom floor is covered in Lego but I'm fine with that.

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails