My mom had a big birthday coming up this year. She asked me to come to Victoria for the weekend to celebrate birthday #85 with her. A big shout out and thank you to my husband who took care of transporting the boys back and forth to a soccer game, a birthday party, and school so that I could get away. It was great to be in Victoria without any wind or rain. :)
| look at all those cards! |
On Saturday Mom and I shopped and chatted. I found an amazing Christmas present for my hubby but it's a surprise. I'm pretty excited about it, though. No trip to Canada is complete without a visit to Swiss Chalet for some roast chicken. I got to check out my parents' fancy lodgings which they moved to in March of this year. They are well taken care of with two meals provided in the dining room and breakfast items provided for them to eat in their suite.
Saturday night is movie night in the common room.We watched Love's Enduring Promise. It is a Hallmark movie. Not my usual taste but it was pretty good.
Sunday was full of celebrations. At church, I met many of my parents' friends. Since I can't seem to remember their names, I took a photo of a few of them.
For lunch, we took the bus downtown and went to Murchies. I had a delicious turkey and brie sandwich. My mom was pleased to find fresh strawberries and blueberries to buy at the farmers market just out the back door.
There was a chalk art festival going on. This is a replica of a painting of Queen Victoria. How appropriate. :)
In the afternoon, Mom and I sat outside in the courtyard at Shannon Oaks and enjoyed the unseasonably warm day.
For supper, we took the bus to the Blue Crab at the Coast Hotel. My mom and I both had salmon while my dad had trout. We were able to watch many boats and planes go by and see the sunset. Such a gorgeous spot.
Here's a funny photo of my dessert which looked like giant marshmallows.
On Monday I said goodbye to my parents and Victoria and returned to Seattle on the Clipper.
Pin It
3 comments:
O, it sounds lovely Sheila! I'd give anything for a weekend with my mom. You are blessed to have her living so close!!
i enjoy reading your article and you have a nice pictures with it... keep on writing about your mom... thanks
keep on posting.. thanks for sharing your experience with your mom...
Post a Comment