It was very kid friendly. Kids were even admitted free! They had a scavenger hunt in the display gardens. A piggy bank was hidden and you wrote down where you found it and once you had found all twenty, you would receive a prize. I didn't tell my son about the prize. We spent 90 minutes at the show ( a long time for a 5 year old) and we found 12 of the pigs. I need to send the organizers a note about that little problem.
My favourite display garden (from a gardening and style perspective) was the one done by Christianson's Nursery which is located in Mount Vernon.
My favourite display garden for kid appeal was this Wind in the Willows one.
Here is a display with a wolf theme. This is the pigs' brick house.
I was *amazed* by the displays. Did you know they have 72 hours to set everything up? I would love to see the work that goes on to bring in all those trees and plants!This one was the most jaw-dropping. It looked like the Woodland Park Zoo!
If I had more time and my son wasn't with me I would have made notes and taken more flower photos. One cool idea was a path made of walnut shells.
2 comments:
Fun! I bet you got some great ideas for your garden!!
Me! I am, I wanted to go but just could not get the schedule cleared. The Everett Home and Garden was this weekend and I missed that too. Ugh! Jana www.adoctorandanurse.com
Post a Comment