Thursday, January 20, 2011

Reading, watching....

Man, I hate January! Well, let me rephrase that. I hate January in the Seattle area! It is so dark and dreary! Today it was cold (36 degrees or so) and rainy and overcast all day long. I don't have a photo to share because I can't muster up the motivation to document just how bad it is. I wish I could just hide under the covers but I have to drive my kids to and from school so I stare at greyness for a lot of my day. Negative, eh? :)

OK, now that I've gotten that off my chest, here's a peek at what I've else I've been doing. I'm reading a fascinating book.I'm enjoying this look at life inside the White House as GWB faces difficult decision including selecting a cabinet, restricting stem cell research, and of course, America's response to 9/11. I realize that I love reading a good autobiography. A completely different autobiography that I've also been reading is Confessions by St. Augustine.It is a difficult read, I confess. Ha ha! I read a review that said Augustine wrote in a circular fashion. That explains my difficulty! I'm a linear thinker, for sure. Maybe I need a guide or a commentary. Have any of you read Confessions?

I've been enjoying Masterpiece Theatre on PBS on Sunday nights - something I actually look forward to in January! This year's show is Downton Abbey and it is a period piece (my favourite!). The best line so far was from Maggie Smith, who plays an aristocrat forced to interact with a middle class family. "What is a weekend?" she asks! You can learn more and also watch it online.Pin It

2 comments:

Colette said...

I agree with you about January!!! Blah! Sounds like your reading some interesting books! Way to go!

Amber Strehle said...

I KNOW the weather is AWFUL!!! I need a little heat and the sound of the ocean!!I really want to watch that PBS special..it looks good:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails