Sunday, August 22, 2010

A visit to Mecca (for gardeners)

This past weekend we went to visit my parents. Lucky for us, they live in a beautiful city full of things to do. #1 on my list was to go back to Butchart Gardens which is heaven on earth for gardeners. My dad watched the boys so my mom and I could visit the gardens without hearing complaints from bored boys! Unfortunately, our time was limited and the day was very hot so it was a very quick visit.

This is Love Lays Bleeding (what a crazy name for a plant!)
One of my favourite plants (ten of which are growing at the front of my house!) - Delphinium.

There is a huge rose garden at Butchart. I love the vibrant colour of this one.
Water lilies are so peaceful.
I love unusual plants. This is a whirligig daisy - I think I should change the photo to black & white - I think it would look super cool.


This is my mom by the famous Sunken Garden.

My favourite photo is of the gate in front of Jenny Butchart's private garden which has been maintained the same way that she had it since the 1930s. You aren't able to go in here but I think that adds to the appeal.
You receive a plant guide when you enter Butchart Gardens and I've been reading it for ideas for my own garden.Pin It

2 comments:

Funky Junk Sisters said...

Lovely!

Linda & Dixie
The Funky Junk Sisters

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

How fun! I haven't been there in many years and would love to go back and see it again. Sounds like a fun way to spend some time with your Mom.

Related Posts with Thumbnails