Monday, August 30, 2010

Happy and sad today

First, the happy. It is my son's 7th birthday today! Seven years ago I struggled through a difficult delivery to be rewarded with this cutie:

I am so proud of my oldest boy. He is creative, smart, funny, sweet, kind to his little brother and loves Jesus. He starts school on Wednesday and will be in 2nd Grade. Sigh. Where did the time go?
I love you, Alexander!!

Today is also the day that my dear friend and sometimes mentor, Barbara Proctor, left this earth. Sadly, she had only been married to her sweetheart Phil for 6 months and all of that time was spent battling cancer.
I still can't believe she is gone and I won't see her again (this side of Heaven). Thankfully her family arrived in time to say goodbye.

Here are the lines of a favourite hymn of hers.

Be still, my soul:
the hour is hastening on
When we shall be
forever with the Lord.
When disappointment,
...grief, and fear are gone,
Sorrow forgot,
love's purest joys restored.
Be still, my soul:
when change and tears are past,
All safe and blessed
we shall meet Him at last.

If you are inclined to pray, could I ask you to pray for her husband Phil and her four adult children and multiple grandchildren? It is a huge loss for them.Pin It

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't he just the most beautiful baby? And a very handsome young lad. I'll bet you are proud of him. I'm so sorry that you lost your dear friend. It's always such a sad time when this happens. Her husband and family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Sarah @ Soggy Mommy said...

I can't believe she is really gone. I am so glad people are posting that wedding picture, it is so beautiful and happy and just HER.

Happy Birthday to Alexander!! Even in the baby picture you can tell it is him!

Room to Inspire said...

What a small world - Phil is my father-in-law. We still can't believe that Barbara has passed. I am saving that lovely photo you posted - they really were smiling from ear to ear!

Chelsea

Related Posts with Thumbnails