Wednesday, March 05, 2008

My son's first interview

We are in the application process for a private Christian school. We had an interview yesterday with the principal. She tested my son one-on-one for about 10 minutes. Well, it seemed that long! Nerve wracking for me and my husband. We think he did just fine. He was asked about letters, numbers, shapes, asked to follow directions (one, two and three step commands), body parts, and my favourite - asked to draw a picture of his family. I asked to keep that part! :) He missed chin, hips and jaw. Do other 4 year olds know where these are? I don't think so.

We don't hear back from them until next week. Sigh. I had trouble sleeping last night. I need to relax. I guess the thing that worries me is that we don't have a backup plan.Pin It

3 comments:

Colette said...

I can't believe they interview for Kindergarten! Wow! That would make anyone nervous!

Totallyscrappy said...

Ooh, a long time to wait.... I'm sure he did just fine!

Thanks for recommending some books for me to try. Jennifer Weiner is one of my favorite authors. I loved Little Earthquakes!

Ice Cream said...

We do chin but I don't think I've ever told my 4 year old about hips or jaws. In fact I hurt my jaw yesterday and my 5 year old had to ask what I was talking about. Apparently he knew that sharks have jaws but not humans. Yikes, what have I been teaching this poor boy =)

Good luck and I hope it all works out the way it is supposed to.

Related Posts with Thumbnails