I finally got a chance to watch the movie Once. I had been waiting for it to come out on DVD for so long! I loved it.
Here's the story line. There is a struggling busker with some great songs who fixes vacuum cleaners. He meets a girl. She is a pianist without a piano. She encourages him to record his songs. They write songs together and fall for each other but nothing happens between them physically - unlike every other Hollywood movie.
Here is a little taste.
There are so many great songs in the movie, NOT JUST the one that won the Oscar for Best Song - Falling Slowly. I loved "If You Want Me" and "When Your Mind's Made Up." I'm thinking of buying the soundtrack.
The only caveat I have in recommending the movie is the frequent use of the f word. Other than that, I recommend it to anyone.
The DVD has lots of fun extras that I always appreciate. When a DVD *doesn't* have fun extras I usually feel ripped off. :)Pin It
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I did not hear of this movie, but it looks very interesting. Thank you for the recommendation. I love movies with music.
I hate it when an otherwise good movie is fouled up by the use of frequent bad language. Thanks for the review.
This movie sound very good - it is hard to find a movie to watch that is not offensive. The music part of the story line interests me as well!
Post a Comment