Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas summary

My parents phoned the day before they were expected to arrive to say that they weren't coming for Christmas. My mom has been having heart palpitations and coming to the US (where she doesn't have health care coverage) was too anxiety producing. I was very sad. I've only been away from my parents for Christmas twice before. We are going to visit them for a few days including New Years Eve.

It snowed on Christmas Day! Big, huge, beautiful, fluffy flakes. Here's a photo from the local newspaper since mine didn't turn out very well and I haven't yet downloaded any from my new camera.

My hubby and I cooked Christmas dinner for just the four of us. He did the potatoes, I did the rest. We had a turkey breast instead of the whole turkey. The stuffing was the only thing that didn't turn out too well. I needed Mom's help!

The boys didn't receive any toys that required batteries! We only realized this at the end of the day. It wasn't something that we planned. I will post some photos of the boys and their toys soon.

Our tree is on its last legs. We got a real tree this year and it is completely dried out. It wasn't recut after we bought it so it wouldn't soak up any water. We usually have an artificial tree. Next year we'll be wiser.

Today we're going downtown to see the gingerbread houses and the carousel.Pin It

1 comment:

Joy Madison said...

sorry about your parents not coming!!!

I hope you guys had a merry christmas!!!

May 2008 be even more blessed than 2007!

Related Posts with Thumbnails