Since tomorrow is the Oscars, I'm thinking about movies. I decided to make a list of my favourites. [Note the English/Canadian spelling of the word favourite. :) ]
In no particular order because that's how I think!
1. The Sound of Music
2. When Harry Meets Sally. So many classic lines.
3. Rear Window. Grace Kelly and Jimmy Stewart - 2 of the best actors ever.
4. Pride and Prejudice - OK, so I recently saw the 2005 version and it is pretty good. However, I must remain loyal to the 1996 BBC version.
5. My Big Fat Greek Wedding
6. The Muppet Movie
7. Follow That Bird
8. Lady Jane
9. Four Weddings and a Funeral. Andie McDowell REALLY annoys me but this movie introduced me to Hugh Grant and I have had a crush on him ever since. Yes, I know he's a cad in real life.
10. Its a Wonderful Life
11. The Wedding Singer. I love Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler together. "Somebody kill me please!" I'll never forget watching this movie on a Saturday night with my husband and the next day those lyrics were running through my head during church!
12. Casablanca
13. As Good As it Gets. "Good times, noodle salad."
14. Out of Africa
15. Groundhog Day. Another movie that I love but I still can't stand Andie McDowell.
16. What About Bob? I love this movie.
17. Legally Blonde.
18. Princess Bride
19. Monty Python's The Holy Grail. I have seen this movie sooo many times but usually fell asleep in it! I used to go the midnight movie at this little indepedent movie house in Calgary. They often played HG at midnight. I loved that place! I'll have to ask my parents what it was called. For a while, I had friends who worked there so I could occasionally get in for free.
20. Dead Again.
21. An Affair to Remember
22. Enchanted April
Well, that's all I can think of for now. I'm sure I will add to this list.Pin It
Saturday, February 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I like some of those same movies too! Good choices! Sound of Music, Pride and Prejudice, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, What About Bob? What classics!
My kids (now grown) think it's hilarious that I like Follow that Bird. I never thought I'd see it on anyone else's list! I like a lot of your other choices too. I laughed at your comment about Hugh Grant. I dislike him very much, but he is very winsome in movies like Notting Hill and Sense and Sensibility. I liked him in those films in spite of myself.
Post a Comment