I have never done a July 4th mantle before. I've also never done a Canada Day mantle. Maybe someday. I searched Pinterest for ideas. I went shopping in Snohomish with my friend Mary last week.
Here's a breakdown of the items I used. The medium sized flags were purchased at an antique mall in Snohomish for a dollar each. The old window is from my collection. The old books are from my "decorative" books collection.
I filled an apothecary jar with buttons. This was challenging and took longer than I expected. I want to add more red buttons to balance it out.
The handmade wood block signs were found at My Eclectic home in Snohomish.
The rag banner I bought a few years ago from Black Barrel Antiques in Monroe.
I've had the white pitchers for many years. They come in handy for many different themes.
I found the 1953 Good Housekeeping magazine at an antique store in Snohomish for 8 dollars. The old coffee tins were just sitting on my porch waiting for some plants. The large flag came from My Eclectic Home for 30 dollars.
I'm proud of what I pulled together. I'll probably keep this up for the month of July and change to a beach mantle for August.
No comments:
Post a Comment