Thursday, April 14, 2022

Springtime Visit


I went to visit my parents in Victoria last weekend. The weather was beautiful on Thursday when I travelled. On the ferry from Tsawwassen (Vancouver) to Swartz Bay (Victoria) I sat on the sun deck and enjoyed the views. It was unseasonably warm.


remember you can click on photo to enlarge


It was 7 hours from the time I left my home to when I arrived at my parents' building.

I stayed at Marketa's Bed and Breakfast in the James Bay neighbourhood. My family and I used to stay there regularly when the boys were young and my parents lived close by. Only the "honeymoon suite" was available when I booked. 


After a few days, I got tired of eating pancakes at breakfast so I tried the eggs benedict. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it.


On Friday, my mom and I went for afternoon tea at The White Heather in the Oak Bay neighbourhood. 


We had a nice time enjoying the full meal for me


and soup for my mom. Mom liked the sandwiches. The desserts were taken home and enjoyed later by my parents who love desserts! It is a small restaurant and not very elaborate. The waitress needed more experience communicating with seniors. This figurine near the front door caught my eye.


I took Mom on a short drive along Dallas Road which has the best views in Victoria. 




I was very thankful for the sunshine. On Saturday my dad and I went to Value Village. He was pleased to find several items of clothing. I loved the huge section of classic and collectable books.

I found some fabric that I liked that might be used in a future quilt. I also visited the consignment store called Super Chance in James Bay. They always have a very large section of china. I collect American Beauty and was able to add to my collection. I was good and didn't buy too much. Here is what I bought.


I helped my mom with some computer stuff and did some shopping for her in the afternoon.

On Saturday night my dad and I went through a box of old photos together. It was fun seeing such a mixture of times and people and places. On Sunday morning I drove my dad to church. My mom finds it hard to get out so she watches the livestream. It was good to see a few of my parents' friends. I enjoy hearing some different worship songs when I visit their church. Two songs that were new to me were Mercy Tree and How Long O Lord.

On Sunday afternoon we posed for a photo in the lounge on the main floor of my parents' building. The ladies that like to monopolize the area were awfully nosy about our "photo shoot." The door greeter/screener graciously took the photo at the top of this post.

I returned home on Monday morning. More photos taken from the ferry:




Again, it was about 7 hours from when I left Victoria until I arrived home. The border patrol asked me to come inside again since my green card is expired. I have done all the necessary steps for renewal. I am just waiting for the new card to come in the mail. At least this time, the agents didn't make me wait very long. 

I brought back donuts and chocolate for my son C.


One sad note. It has been now been three years since my husband and my boys have seen my parents. I pray that the Canadian government's COVID restrictions will be eased so that my hubby can join me on my next trip to Victoria. There are over 50 countries that a traveler can enter without a Covid vaccine but unfortunately, Canada is not on that list.



Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails