Saturday, December 05, 2015

Impressionists at the Seattle Art Museum

Me by Picking Flowers by Renoir. I got too close the first time and got in trouble with the guard. :)
I am a fan of the French Impressionists. When I heard there was a special exhibit coming to the SAM from the National Gallery, I was ready to go! I brought my friend Mary with me. It was free day at the museum (first Thursday of the month) which meant this special exhibit was cheaper to enter. It is normally $24 for adults but it was $12 on the day we went.

Here are some of the paintings that I enjoyed. I was surprised at the size of them. Some were super small! I discovered an artist that I wasn't familiar with - Boudin. I took photos of many of his paintings. Remember to click on the photos to see a larger version.

Festival in Harbour of Hornfleur
Washerwoman at Trouville
Beach at Trouville

The next artist in the tour was Pierre August Renoir. there was a portrait he painted of his friend Claude Monet:

Claude Monet

This next painting was probably my favourite.
Picking Flowers by Renoir
Young Woman Braiding Her Hair by Renoir

Degas was next and this is one of his most famous paintings. It is very small in person.
Dancers Backstage
More paintings.
Paris, Rue de Parme on Bastille Day by Bonnard

Orchard in Bloom by Camille Pissarro

Breton Village by Odilon Redon

If you are local, you can still see this exhibit. It is in Seattle until January 10, 2016.

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails