Thursday, July 02, 2015

Whose Broad Strips and Bright Stars......

I originally planned to paint a flag onto an old wood pallet that we have in our backyard. I changed my mind when I found out how heavy it is and how much paint I would need. I found a small fake pallet aka plaque at Michael's made of rough wood and that was it. The dimensions are 26 inches wide and 14 inches tall.

I had thought of using a stencil to paint on the stars but I instead bought these small wood stars


and painted them AND sanded them for the distressed look that I like. I used wood glue to glue them onto the plaque. I did intend to put 50 on but I ran out of patience and room. I used Folk Art acrylic paint.

There are 37 stars on my flag and I'm OK with that. Artistic license.

Lest any of my Canadian friends take issue with me painting an American flag, remember that half of my family is made up of American citizens. :)


Pin It

1 comment:

As He Leads is Joy said...

Cute -- I like the comment that your family is 50% American.

Related Posts with Thumbnails