Thursday, September 04, 2014

First Day of School 2014

This year is a year of transition. My oldest son is now in middle school. I can't believe that I just typed that. I still think of him as a little boy. :) He is and was a bundle of nerves about this new year.
He now has a lock for his locker. He changes classrooms after each period. He has many different teachers during the day. He doesn't have recess anymore. He has a slightly different uniform. His day is a bit longer. There is a middle school retreat coming up in November at a Christian camp. They have detention in middle school but I don't think that will be a problem, unless he gets too many tardys, which he'll blame on me. :) I'm thankful that he is on the same campus as his brother and many things are the same.
My youngest son is in 4th grade. He has the same teacher that his brother had for 4th. I like that. I know what to expect. She is a good natured teacher and easy to communicate with. I was able to take a photo of him in his classroom.

He wasn't as nervous on his first day. One of his very good friends (who was a friend in Kindergarten) is in his class so that is fun.


Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails