Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas Photos 2012

Well, Christmas is over. That went fast. My parents came to visit us for Christmas. They arrived on Christmas Eve, in time for the service at our church. For the first time since our church was formed in 2006, we had a Christmas Eve service that wasn't held in Seattle. We loved going to a service so much closer to home.

The highlight of the service was the choir. I could have participated but I decided that driving to the evening practices was a sacrifice I wasn't willing to make. They sang three beautiful songs. Maybe my friend Linda can tell me the names? I can't remember what they were other than Gabriel's Message.

Here is our little family. Thanks Anna for taking the photo.

As for waiting to open gifts on Christmas morning, I thought my boys would be much more anxious to get going with the opening but I forgot that they now have Minecraft to keep them occupied first thing in the morning.

My youngest son loves gag gifts.

We even got Grandpa to model the new glasses. I hope all his friends see this photo. :)

My boys continue to love Lego. Here is the Brick Bible - the Old Testament done in Lego.


J got a Canadian Olympic hockey sweater but I didn't get a good photo of it. I'll be getting a dishwasher and a minivan in January so no big presents were under the tree for me. I got some smoked salmon. Yum!

My hubby gave me this beautiful card.

We had our Christmas dinner in the afternoon, at about 2:45 pm.  We had turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, asparagus, rolls, and cranberry sauce.

I was very happy with how the meal turned out. I tried brining the turkey following The Pioneer Woman's instructions. To brine a turkey you soak it overnight in water and salt and spices.

The turkey was delicious! My boys both got to have their very own drumstick.
A privilege of being in a small family!
I put together this centerpiece using materials from Michael's (the hurricane candle holder and the candle ring).

We do Christmas crackers every year. This is a British tradition. I'm surprised how many places sell crackers, though. I found lots at Cost Plus World Market and at TJ Maxx and Marshalls. My boys are reading the jokes from inside the crackers.
Crackers always have a paper crown inside, along with a joke and sometimes a small toy.
my parents
On Boxing Day, aka the day after Christmas for you Americans, my parents returned home to Victoria. We were so thankful they were healthy enough to be with us this Christmas.

J's Dad lives very far away and isn't able to visit at Christmastime. This is C talking to him on the phone.
Here's our Christmas tree. I didn't decorate it. C did most of the decorating. He enjoyed it.


Pin It

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Linda can only remember the songs because AM kept her folder! I'm not sure two of them had titles but their first lines were "Dost Thou in a Manger Lie" and "The Angel Gabriel From Heaven Came" and the third was "Ave Verum Corpus". It was fun and you should join us if we do it again Sheila!
~Linda

Related Posts with Thumbnails