As a family, we went to our first hockey game together on Saturday night. The game was between the Everett Silvertips and the Vancouver (BC) Giants. My hubby was quietly cheering for Vancouver. The Silvertips are in the Western Hockey League (major junior) and all of the players are Canadian except for two Europeans. :) The Giants players are almost all Canadian as well. It was fun seeing the score board listing other games and seeing names like Swift Currant (Saskatchewan) and Red Deer (Alberta).
Our son's cub scout troup went as a group and we sat together. I explained what a hat trick was to several parents. We had great seats and it was a good game. The Silvertips won 4 to 1. They had lots of fun things going on in between periods including a race of radio-controlled cars on the ice. During the game there was a short fight between two players which the boys loved.
I wish I had some fun photos to share of the kids cheering and dancing to the music but the arena wouldn't let me bring my camera in saying it was a "professional" camera.
Hockey is exciting to watch and easy to understand. The fans liked to ring cowbells to cheer so you might like to have earplugs along. I recommend going to a game!Pin It
Monday, December 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment