Friday, July 20, 2012

What's happening in my garden?

July is a busy time in the garden.

Foxglove are one of my favourite flowers. One sunny day I saw a hummingbird by this one!
The hydrangeas are doing great, unlike last year when I had hardly any blossoms.

This one's a little scraggly looking but I have a nice bouquet after cutting a few.

I still have roses blooming. One rose I bought last year has been producing bloom after bloom!

I have two lavatera plants at the front of my yard. 
They are a little too tall and spindly so I might move them to a different spot.
I've enjoyed having a cutting garden in July.
My shasta daisies are doing great - the funny thing is that they smell terrible!
The delphinium are winding down. They are so fragile.
If I bring some inside, the petals fall all over the counter.

Lavender are in their prime.

As for the vegetables. Here are some harvested zucchini:

A critter took a few bites out of the one on the left. Argg.

Here are zucchini in the raised bed:

I harvested a few yellow carrots - which taste great, by the way.

I harvested the spinach before taking this photo. It was in that blank spot.
As you can see, the sugar snap peas are going crazy.

This is my son's potato patch. Unfortunately some pest is eating the leaves like crazy.
I'm open to advice if you have any.

This last photo is for my dad. He helped clear out this unusual spot for me.
I realized that it is a very sunny spot. We used to just store our garbage bins here.
Now, there are sweet peas (by the trellis), sunflowers and hollyhocks growing!
Thanks for joining me on this garden tour. :)

Pin It

1 comment:

Colette said...

Wow...amazing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails