Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Summer pennant banner

I know that summer is winding down. Shhhh, don't tell my husband. :) He doesn't like to hear that. :) Friends of ours (in another part of the country) have already gone back to school! I wanted to share this banner that I made a few weeks ago when our summer weather finally arrived.
Boy, my windows are dirty! Sorry about that.

The paper has images of lemonade stands, watermelon, kites, and lemons. I love to make seasonal banners which I hang above the sliding door to our backyard.

Here are some instructions if you'd like to make one, maybe for fall? :)
1. The banner itself is made with precut chipboard shapes.
2. I glued scrapbook paper on top of the shapes.
3. For the letters, I found a font that I liked (Cherry Cream Soda) and I printed it out on lightweight white cardstock to use as templates. I then traced the letters onto blue cardstock and cut them out.
4. I added some stickers and some fun shapes like a lemonade stand and a tree. The scrapbook paper and stickers are made by C-Thru Ruler from the Little Yellow Bicycle line - Sweet Summertime.
5. Yellow satin ribbon to string it together.

I bought almost of the supplies from Ben Franklin Crafts store. I love that place! They have a store in Monroe and one in Redmond as well.

I'm linking up with Crafty Soiree at Yesterday on Tuesday.
Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails