Tuesday, August 02, 2011

One Thousand Gifts - a beginning

Yeah, I'm about a year behind on this trend. I'm going to start posting things I'm grateful for. I realize that I'm lacking in the thankfulness department. I'm prone to complaining, jealousy, etc. I haven't read Ann's book (yet) but I know that gratitude helps my outlook!

I'm grateful for:
1. My salvation
2. My husband.
3. My children.
4. My godly heritage.
5. My parents.
6. My father-in-law.
7. Living in a free country with freedom of speech.
8. Having a yard to plant flowers and grow vegetables.
9. Picking blueberries with my boys and friends from church.
10. Fresh, delicious carrots from my garden.

Pin It

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm part way into the book. I have a journal and today I made it up to 400. But I went for I think almost a month without adding to it and really noticed a difference in my attitude. Daily journaling even the little things is good for my soul and my perspective. I'm considering this book as an option for the "play and pray" group this fall. We'll also be reevaluating times and locations. Stay tuned. We'd love to have you back. :)

Colette said...

Great idea, Sheila!! Lots to be thankful for! Your carrots look great too! See you later this afternoon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails