I recently made a flannel board for my boys. Thanks, Kelli at the Sparrow's Nest for the Three Bears story pieces! I got the directions to make the board here. I actually used peg board from the hardware store and a $2 frame from Value Village. You need 1/2 yard of felt. I bought a whole yard but hey, I have a supply of light blue felt to last forever! :)
I was surfing and found this fun video.
There are quite a few more videos made by Cullen (the woman in the video).
I'm desperate these days to find activities for my boys. Preschool ended for my 4 year old and my almost 3 year old has been behaving especially badly. :(Pin It
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ooooh how fun! I love that you love felt boards. You can get a lot of them at http://www.funfelt.com I have a 4 year old too so I can relate to needing something to occupy them!! These are great imaginative toys - and they are quiet, too!! LOL! Good luck!
PS: Found your blog searching for flannel board ideas!!
Oh, I can so relate to the feeling with the kids. We are at a better place this year...but I was in that place a year ago...
Long bike rides to a park is an excellent tool if you have a bike trailer. Throw them in the trailer with food and books. You can't hear them while you are biking. Then when at the park - you read while they play (assuming the park is not busy - I always went early in the morning to a playground in the middle of a county park that you had to pay to get into if you were driving a car - so usually, we were the only ones there)...
Post a Comment