Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Raspberry picking

I decided to be brave today and take the boys raspberry picking on my own. Normally we would go as a family but it didn't work out for us to go on Sunday and next weekend looks pretty full. I'm happy to say that it was a success. We went fairly early in the morning to beat the heat. We're having record-breaking heat this week. We only stayed about 40 minutes but that was enough for A. I think if I had brought along a little chair for him to sit in he would've lasted longer. Next time! We picked 3 pounds. C was eating too many so I put him in lock down (the stroller) after a while. I was able to park the car right next to the row that we picked from. Very convenient. The price for the berries? $1.25 per pound! I enjoy raspberry picking because you don't need to bend over.

I don't have any photos to share because I decided that I had enough to concentrate on without worrying about getting great shots.

If you're interested the farm is called Broers and is located in Monroe, WA.Pin It

1 comment:

Colette said...

That sounds really fun! You'll have to share what you do with your raspberries. Any good recipes or do you just eat them plain?

Related Posts with Thumbnails