A huge storm blew in last night. High winds, thunder and lightning, heavy rain with lots of trees down. We lost power at 11 pm. It didn't come back until 3 pm this afternoon. A was the one who told me. I was dozing. Hard to sleep last night wondering when the power would come back and how I'd manage a day (or perhaps more) without it.
The house got pretty cold today. I took the boys to an indoor playground we like but it was without power and closed. I couldn't get through on the phone so I chanced it. We then drove to have lunch with Daddy. C managed to fix the fake fireplace in the lobby of J's building by pushing the button just right. Pretty funny.
I only had to do one meal without power. We used our camping (gas) stove for making scrambled eggs and hot oatmeal.
One of the trees in our backyard was uprooted. A smaller one than fell down during the last big windstorm. Hopefully it will be easier to put back up.
I'm very grateful to be back to normal here. J's boss (who has a young family) lives in an area that doesn't expect to have power for a long time and stores, etc. around them are also without power.Pin It
Friday, December 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment