Addiction or hobby? You decide.
I've been making crafts both on my own and with my 3 year old. I decided this year that with a very curious and active 18 month old in the house to NOT bring out my white and Victorian-themed Christmas ornaments some of which are breakable. I decided this year we'd have a kid themed homey tree full of homemade ornaments. The only problem with this idea is that we're starting from scratch.
So far we've made felt gingerbread men, lacing card trees (much harder than the instructions in the December issue of Parents magazine), and craft foam snowmen. I've been stringing cranberries for a garland. Also on the go is a secret Christmas present for my 3 year old which involved painting. I completed a small scrapbook for my mom and I'm mailing it tomorrow. I did that project in November but I just finished sewing a simple bag/sleeve for it so she can put it in her purse and it will be protected.
Other craft projects I *might* have time for:
- Borax ornaments made with pipe cleaners
- angels made out of stiff felt. I need some pretty trim for this.
- paint a wood mantle shelf so we have somewhere to hang our stockings.
Fun stuff I'd like to do but won't have time for:
- a star garland made with wood stars with vintage Christmas paper decopaged on top. I saw this in a paper crafting magazine but I can't find it online to share with you. Michael's and Joanns are both sold out of wood stars right now anyway so its pretty much impossible. I guess I could order them but I'm not that motivated.
- glittered letters like this
So..... while I have fun making things I should also be buying some more Christmas presents and updating addresses for our Christmas mailout.
I want to clone myself. :)Pin It
Sunday, December 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment