I just finished reading a great book. Well, I thought it was great until I found out a few more details about the author. Sad details.
The book is Expecting Adam by Martha Beck. I read through the book in 3 days. I had a hard time putting it down. I wanted to read more about her son Adam (with Down syndrome) and their family.
I found out that the author and her husband are now divorced. They had such an amazing connection which is told in detail in the book. The even more sad thing is that he posted a review (on Amazon.com's website) of her latest book Leaving the Saints and corrects what he says are incorrect facts in her book. Her latest book is about leaving the Mormon church and about discovering s*xual abuse in her past done by her father.
She is still an amazing story teller.Pin It
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have not read the book. I am a bit hesitate to read it. What do you think? Should I read it or just write my own book?
Yes, read the book. It is worth reading.
Yes, write your own book too. :)
Post a Comment