C and J did some shooting together on Monday so he didn't spend his entire college break with his Mom and Grandma. My mail goal for the trip was to help Mom with a financial transaction. That went smoothly which was an answer to prayer.
C and I stayed two nights at Marketa's B and B. We had our supper (from Chef on the Run) with Mom in her suite the first night.
On Wednesday morning I dropped C off at Hillside mall so he could do some work. I ran some errands for Mom.
I like to have lunch at The Village Restaurant in Estevan Village but it was full when we arrived. We ate across the street at Ruth and Dean. I had a ham sandwich and C had a burrito that was too small for his appetite.
In the afternoon, I bought groceries for Mom and C chatted with Mom. I appreciate C's willingness to spend time with her.
I organized files and came across old Christmas letters written by my parents and also those written by my husband. C was amused to read those.
For dinner, C and I ate at the Penny Farthing. He had pork belly and I had fish and chips.
On Thursday C and I chatted with a British couple from Calgary at breakfast. They were very nice. I dropped C off in downtown Victoria. He explored a bit and then hung out at a coffee shop. I had just enough time to visit a place that looked intriguing. I saw it on Instagram. It is called The Market Garden. It is a boutique grocery store in Esquimalt.
| That is all saffron, an Indian spice. |
It was fun to look around. The only problem was the long wait for someone to take my money when I bought a box of tea. I rang the little bell four times!
I took mom to the admin office to ask a question about her housing. Later I met up with C and I stopped into an embroidery shop.
On Thursday afternoon, C and I had tea at Pendray Tea House on Belleville Street across from the Inner Harbour. I'd never been to this place and wanted to give it a try. The next photo is not mine. It is from their website.
I was impressed. The dining room was very spacious unlike our favourite tea place in Seattle. The price was lower than that at The Empress Hotel.
C and I stopped at Russell Books on Fort Street. C got some Alice in Wonderland books to give as gifts to his group doing MockRock. Alice in Wonderland is the theme for his team.
In the afternoon, we had a staff person take our family photo.
After that I went over to Shannon Oaks to pick up the key for the guest suite. I thought that I had booked it for Thursday night but I had mistakenly booked it for Saturday night. Well, my heart sunk. Now what? Thankfully we had an administrator help us out. He checked with other Baptist Housing properties to see if any guest suites were free. There was one! Linwood Court. Just a 20 minute drive north from Mom's place. We were amused to stay somewhere with the same name as our home city. I sent the administrator a thank you note for "saving my bacon!" There was only one bed in the suite so C slept on some cushions on the floor but it was still better than scrambling to find accommodation at the last minute.Thursday night C and I went to Montana's for dinner. It is a chain restaurant across Canada. C loved his food.On Friday C and I got an early start. We left the guest suite at 830 am. We stopped at Tim Horton's to get breakfast. We made it to the ferry line by 930 and caught the 10 am ferry.
We stopped for lunch in Surrey and then C did the rest of the driving. Our border wait was 15 minutes. Unfortunately, it rained all the way home. C had some time to relax and then at 5 pm he and J took the light rail together to SeaTac. C flew back to LA and was on campus by 11 pm.
C and I had a very nice time with each other and got along just fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment