Monday, December 02, 2024

Thanksgiving 2024


This year was a special Thanksgiving for us. Both boys returned from California. Last year A stayed south. This year A was able to spend an entire week with us. He is a senior now and doesn't have many classes. He will be finished with college on December 19th.  C arrived on Tuesday and returned on Sunday. 

C got together with his friends on Wednesday for "Friendsgiving." This is a common event for young people to gather with friends during Thanksgiving week. He was able to see a lot of his friends. Not all of them returned home for Thanksgiving. I did a lot of pre cooking on Wednesday in order to have less to do on Thursday. Wednesday night we went out for dinner as a family to The Keg restaurant.


I enjoy setting a fancy table.


Us:


Here's our Thanksgiving menu:

- Martinellis (sparkling cider)

- Hawaiian rolls

- Cranberry Sauce

- Winter Fruit Salad (A ate the majority of this)

- Mashed Potatoes and gravy

- Dressing/Stuffing

- Green Bean Casserole

- Bacon wrapped Turkey

- Apple Pie and Ice Cream

I bought the apple pie at a craft fair held in early November. I'm not a pie baker. I didn't buy a big enough turkey. It was 10 pounds. I joke that A can eat for three! We didn't have any leftover turkey or mashed potatoes. 

Food:

On Friday, we had our family photo taken outside. I was so thankful that there wasn't any rain on that day. It was cold and sunny. 

On Saturday, J and I had breakfast out with C and a friend of his. Later in the day,  A did some filming for his senior Torrey project on the topic of education. He filmed at his preschool location, his elementary and middle school school, and at his high school. C went along to help him. 

Now, I wait until December 21st when the boy will return by car. 




Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails