I've been wanting to go to Farm Chicks for many years. It is held on the first Saturday of June in Spokane and in the past I've had kids in school or someone graduating at that time. So, this year, I could finally go! Of course, Mary was my companion. We love to search for antique treasures together.
We left for Spokane on Friday morning. We stopped in Moses Lake for lunch. We ate outside at Michael's. It was a good choice. We stayed at Tru By Hilton in Spokane Valley. They had these fun "egg chairs" in the lobby. Quite comfortable!
I appreciated the complimentary breakfast which included eggs and yogurt.
For dinner on Friday night, we went to the historic Davenport hotel in Downtown Spokane. This is the lobby.
After dinner we drove to Manito Park which is a favourite of mine. I was hoping to see lots of roses in their rose garden. This was quite a surprise!
No roses yet! I had already a few roses blooming at home. I suppose Spokane is behind Seattle since it is colder there in the winter. We did find some beautiful flowers in the perennial garden. I love this peony
Iris
Saturday was Farm Chicks. There were probably 300 - 400 booths. Just an estimate. It was held at the Spokane Fairgrounds. This was the chair that I really wanted to buy. It was at a great price. The problem is space. I actually want to rearrange the furniture in the living room.
I enjoyed this display.
This photo is my attempt to show this one section. There were tables and tables full of old quilts, old blankets, yards of fabric, flags and other things.
At Farm Chicks I ran into a gal that I worked with last year at the boys' school. She has now moved a few hours north of me to Sedro Wooley, too far to remain working in Bothell. I was delighted to see she is pregnant with her 2nd child.
Here's what I brought home.
I plan to make pillows from the fabric. I've already used the green and white fabric (small pattern) on the right for the quilt that I'm currently making. The rose painting now hangs in our bedroom.
Mary and I left at about 4 pm and drove home. It is about a 5 hour drive. The timing of the long days of June and this trip to Spokane worked in our favour.
No comments:
Post a Comment