Kind of on a whim, Mary and I went to see the Christmas lights at Butchart Gardens. I'm so glad we did! It was so lovely. Jonathan and I were there for the Christmas lights many years ago. Maybe 1998 or 2001, I'm not sure. It was snowing that night and it made the lights even more memorable.
The theme (then and now) is the 12 Days of Christmas. It wasn't raining the night we were there. We arrived at about 7:15 pm and stayed until 9:40 pm.
As you enter, this rain tree is the first thing you see.
The partridge in a pear tree
Two turtle doves
Three French hens
Magical forest
Four calling birds
Two of them are holding phones. The bird at the top has headphones on.Five golden rings
Six geese a laying were too far away for a good photo and the seven swans a swimming were also too far away.
Nine ladies dancing. I took this photo from a tourism website.
There was a path with globe lights that lit up while soothing music played.
At one spot there were noise activated lights in a tree. I sang "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas" to get the lights to go on. Ten lords a leaping was frogs dressed as lords. This was too hard to photograph
Eleven pipers piping.
After we saw everything I had some hot chocolate and we sat in the coffee shop to warm up.
Twelve drummers drumming was in the driveway as you left. Again, too hard to photograph.
I found a video on YouTube that captures the experience much better than I ever could.
I'm so glad we decided to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment