C's Eagle Scout project was completed on Saturday March 25th. The project was to bless a ministry that is a half way house for women. It is under the leadership of Canyon Hills Community Church where C goes to youth group.
C had a crew of eight boys, 2 dads, as well as the current scoutmaster, the former scoutmaster, and a young man (C's age) that was in cub scouts with C and was in boy scouts for a while.
Here is C's former scoutmaster (on the left) with his current scoutmaster.
The property is quite large. We weren't allowed to share any photos that show the house or identify the location, for privacy reasons. I was surprised by the beauty. There is a creek running through the property with a little bridge over it. A very peaceful place.
There was plenty of work to do. The goal was to clear away brush to create more walking paths and a picnic area. Many logs were moved from the wilder areas.
The boys pushed wheelbarrows of brush to a central location. It was hauled away to be chipped to make mulch.
Here is C leading the scouts.
My favourite quote was one of the boys asking C for a drink and C said "have you done any work yet?"
I think J's favourite part was chopping down a dead tree.
I wasn't sure what I would be doing. In the morning I took some photos of the work and I made a run to get muffins to keep the crew going until lunch. I did start to feel a bit bored. I did some brush clearing
and then later I saw some rhododendrons near the house that badly needed pruning.
I provided coffee for the adults and Gatorade for the kids. Ladies in the house made hot sandwiches for lunch. There was also chips and little oranges. I was very thankful that it didn't rain. It was pretty chilly in the morning. We wrapped up at about 1:45 pm.
Afterwards, C went to get a hair cut, got into his dress clothes, and then meet up with his friends for photos before Junior and Senior Prom that night.
We're so happy that this project is complete. He still has some merit badges to complete and paperwork to be signed.
No comments:
Post a Comment