Tuesday, September 01, 2020

Idaho Vacation Days Four and Five

Thursday was the day when things went wrong. In the morning we checked out of our VRBO.

Several days before we left home, I had reserved a tee time at the Couer d'Alene public golf course.
Unfortunately, we couldn't golf because they aren't renting golf clubs out due to COVID.

We drove to Post Falls where we had a hotel reserved for the night. We checked out the marina. We asked about kayak rentals and they didn't have the type that I like. I had terrible kayak luck on this trip!

At this point C informed us that he forgot to leave the key for the condo at the condo. We had left him in charge of locking up. That meant that someone had to drive for an hour to rectify this situation. J stayed by the CDA resort. I drove back to Arrow Point accompanied by C and A. I listened to my favourite podcast to help pass the time.

For lunch we went to Hudson Hamburgers in downtown Couer d'Alene. We ate our burgers outside with a view of the marina. I wasn't all that impressed with the burger.

A and I walked back to the car so we could get some water in preparation for a hike. As we walked someone called out his name. Who did we see but three of his classmates from school! He chatted with them briefly.

We tried to hike around Tubbs Hill but there is no shade on the trail and it was getting pretty hot.

We watched kids and adults jump off cliffs into the lake.
There are lots of spots for swimming around Tubbs Hill but we hadn't brought along our swim clothes. A ran into his classmates again on the trail!

Once we gave up on the hike we had cold drinks at BUOY. What a pretty spot.

We drove to Post Falls. We stayed at Red Lion Tamlin's Marina. They have a private beach and we spent some time there. Here is proof that J relaxed.

Our entertainment was watching boats go by on the Spokane River. There was a "no wake" zone and boats and jet skis are supposed to slow way down after a certain point. If they didn't the marina staff would speak over a loudspeaker and blast an air horn. The boys played some beach volleyball. We had dinner at the hotel just because we didn't want to drive anywhere. I had rainbow trout which seemed appropriate for a place known for fishing.

We got ice cream from Rogers Ice Cream. We brought it back to our hotel and ate it by the water.
I took this photo.
I think this looks like a painting!

We decided to come back one day earlier than planned. We had run out of things for the boys to do. J and I were fine, though. We had hoped the boys could bike (we brought the bikes along) but the terrain wasn't suitable in Arrow Point. Hiking was another idea but it was too hot. We had trouble finding kayaks to rent. They weren't interested in going to Silverwood (the amusement park and water park).

On Friday (driving home) our only destination was Manito Park in Spokane. I had been there once before. I wanted to check out out the roses.



We found a rose called "Sheila's Perfume."

This was my favourite rose, Silver Star.

I'm thankful for our time away and I can't wait to get back to Idaho!


Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails