Wednesday, July 01, 2020

Sunshine, Roses, and Good Conversation

I asked my fiend Linda to join me on an outing last Friday. I wanted to go to the Rose Garden in Tacoma. I saw some photos of it and thought it looked like a great place to visit. The official name is Point Defiance Rose Garden.

I did the driving. Since I'm not driving much these days, I didn't mind. The drive takes just over an hour. Once we were there, we had a bit of trouble finding out where to park and where to find the garden. With COVID shutdowns (the rose garden is in the same area as a large zoo), some roads were closed. We had to walk a ways uphill to get to the garden.

I love arches. This is the entrance.
Here is Linda
There are so many roses! I didn't note the names of any of the roses, except this one. Cherry Parfait.

These roses were my favourite. I love the colour variation.









These roses look like a dogwood tree.

The highlight of this park is this rose arch. We saw some people taking graduation photos inside.


This is the view as you look up, inside the arch.

We noticed this very strange plant. I don't know its name.

Our outing wasn't perfect. I forgot to put on sunscreen so I got a burn on my shoulder.
We looked all around the park and the surrounding area for a bathroom and nothing was open.

We drove a few miles away to the Port Ruston area. Everything is new. Lots of restaurants to choose from. We did find a public restroom (after some walking). We got lunch from What a Catch! We both had fish tacos and basil blackberry lemonade. Delicious!

This was our incredible view as we ate our lunch.
That's Mt. Rainier.
It might be fun to come back here another time and rent the pedicabs with the family. They were in use.




Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails