May is a good month for blooms. June is probably my favourite due to roses and peonies.
The lilacs above are from the small lilac tree that I have. I think it is about 3 years old. The large one we planted about 10 years ago (just a guess). They smell wonderful. Today I was sitting out on the deck listening to an audio book and the fragrance of the lilacs was very pleasant.
I had about 12 tulips blooming at one time. I missed taking that photo.
These are my annual containers on the deck railing. There is mint and parsley growing below in pots.
Costco sells a pack of 6 geraniums for a good price every year so I always snap those up.
I bought a new hydrangea a few weeks ago. It joins others that circle the gazebo. My established hydrangeas won't bloom for some time.
I also added a columbine in a rich colour and it is next to the new hydrangea.
This purple phlox is another new plant. I'm not sure where it will end up so for now it stays in a container.
This pink bleeding heart needs to be propped up.
Lily of the valley. These are really tiny.
This is a snowball bush which resides in the front garden. J doesn't like green flowers but I do.
Snapdragons are supposedly annuals but I have a few that come back every year.
As for edibles, I've got peas and carrots coming up. I started some squash from seed and they look a little pathetic right now. Hopefully they'll survive and thrive. I'll be buying tomato plants this week. I've got potatoes growing in grow bags. The raspberries plants are getting big and I need a trellis for them.
Pin It
Tuesday, May 05, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment