| Fort Ebey Beach |
I stayed at Anchorage B & B. You can see photos (inside and out) here.
I left at 12:30 pm on Friday afternoon and was able to catch the 1 pm ferry. I arrived at the B&B about 2:15 pm. After checking in, I walked about the town. Coupeville is about the middle point of Whidbey Island. I like Aqua Gifts where I purchased a pretty card to send to a friend.
I stopped for a cup of tea and a lavender shortbread cookie at Lavender Wind Farms. I had dinner (a lamb burger) at Front Street Grill in Coupeville.
I took this photo at sunset.
I'm actually pretty proud of this photo. In the evening, I read one of the many books I brought along.
Saturday morning breakfast at the B&B was at 9 am. A little later than I wanted since I don't really sleep in. My hosts served a delicious crust-less quiche with chicken sausage after yogurt and fruit cup to start. I chatted with the four other guests at the table, two couples.
It was very windy on Saturday morning. It reminded me of Victoria weather. I searched out thrift stores in Oak Harbor. I visited an antique store called Oldish stuff and then Island Thrift where I found a few goodies.
Next I went to Fort Ebey State Park beach and spent an hour or so there.
I saw seven seals in the ocean. My photo was taken without a zoom lens so I had to crop it, in order for the seals to be visible. You can probably see 3 seals in my photo. They weren't far from shore.
I went to a large thrift store in Freeland where I bought a robins egg blue sweater/cardigan. I made a quick stop at Bayview Gardens. They have a famous laburnum flowering arch which will be blooming later in the Spring.
I walked around Langley but most shops were closing since it was now 5 pm. My favourite shop in Langley is Flying Bear Flowers. The smell (of all the fresh flowers) as you open the door is amazing!
I sat outside for a while, enjoying the sunshine, waiting to get into the restaurant. I love magnolia trees and spotted this one.
While walking along, I saw this little guy in the grass in front of a B&B.
I ate dinner at Saltwater Fish House in Langley. I had fish and chips and strawberry mousse for dessert.
The fish was battered just to my liking and the mousse was incredible!
I didn't like driving 30 minutes to get back to my B&B so I wish I had planned that better. Langley is in south part of Whidbey Island. I walked a lot that day so I was pretty tired and slept well.
Sunday morning I got up at 7 am and was on the road at 8 am. I just missed the 8:30 ferry but got the 9 am one. My B&B provided yogurt, a pastry, and a banana for me but I need something more substantial in the morning so I got a breakfast sandwich from Starbucks. I came back in time for 10 am church.
Pin It
No comments:
Post a Comment