Thursday, February 28, 2019

Garden Show 2019

An entry in the floral arrangement competition
(Remember to click on the photos to enlarge.)

On February 21st, I went to the Northwest Floral and Garden Show (at the Convention Center) alone. I asked a few friends but they weren't able to join me. I parked in the convention center's parking lot which is very convenient. I was able to leave my coat in the car.

The display gardens were disappointing again this year. Pretty boring. I think my favourite years for display gardens were 2016 and 2011.  I like to see whimsy in display gardens and it was pretty rare. Here are the only fun displays that I liked:
This garden had a Switzerland/Germany theme:

I enjoy many other aspects of the show so it is still worth attending for me.

I always enjoy seeing the winners of the floral arrangement competition.



The shopping is fantastic. The vintage market was missing a few of my favourite vendors but I discovered a store in Marysville that I plan to visit soon. Here is their booth:

I bought a new garden hat, oil for treating my garden tools, a floral arranging tool, and a poppy plant. I also picked up a few plants for a friend to give as a thank you for watching my boys for a few nights.



Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails