Tuesday, December 26, 2017

December and Christmas wrap up

our Christmas card photo
We were searching for a car for the first week or so of December. Not much fun. I did get to drive a Dodge Charger rental for a while. I'm happy with our purchase. Here's me in the Mazda:

I caught a cold after distrubuting flyers for C's Boy Scout troop fundraiser.  I'm feeling better now but I missed a few days of preparation. We had a real tree again this year. I'm hoping for a fake one next year. I had to do so much pruning to make it look right. My hands cramped up from it. I actually lost sleep due to pain in my hands. I also got tired of watering it every day.

Throughout the days leading up to Christmas we read from this book almost every night at suppertime.

We went to various Christmas light displays. Evergreen Church, the Hawks House, and Woodinville Wonderland. Hawks house was really cool.
They invite you inside where they have life size tunnels and a huge train set.

I bought pre-assembled gingerbread houses from Costco for the boys to decorate. They teamed up with their friends on the street and had a "competition."  Everything with boys needs to have a competition element! They did a great job decorating and they cleaned up afterward.

On Christmas Eve in the morning, our family did the advent reading at our church. I read the Old Testament passage and A read the New Testament one. I was able to get a video of us reading to send to our parents.

The amazing thing on Christmas Eve was the snow that started falling (and staying around) in the afternoon.  The boys were really hoping for snow so they received an extra special gift.

I didn't do much crafting this year but I finished this wreath on Christmas Eve

For our Christmas meal we had prime rib. J and the boys remembered it from last year and requested it again. I had hopes of company coming for dinner but that didn't work out. Here's my place setting with some old Christmas photos in the background.

We had Yorkshire pudding, roasted fingerling potatoes, carrot souffle, and upside down black forest cake for dessert.

My hubby bought himself a basic affordable drone. He and the boys are having fun trying it out. I received a new laptop along with a personalized skin for it (a sticker for the laptop.) Here's a photo of it.

J surprised me with it. He knew it was a favourite photo of mine, taken on our summer vacation.
A got lots of sport related gifts like a new football, a new soccer ball, a Seahawks toque. C got super hero things like a Captain America shield, a book about Captain America and a pop head.

I asked for a gingerbread scented candle and J and A went out to look for one. They couldn't find one so A improvised. I love it!

The boys spent a lot of time outside on Christmas day, playing in the snow.

J and I finished this puzzle :
We watched the Queen's message on TV which is another of our traditions.


Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails