Sunday, November 26, 2017

Thankgiving 2017

This year was a first for me. I hosted American Thanksgiving. We have lived in the US for almost 18 years now. We've spent Thankgiving in Victoria, at other peoples' houses here in Seattle, and we've spent it alone but this year we had guests over for the first time.

Our guests were friends from our church - the Chases.

We had a 20 pound turkey which I brined the day before, gravy, mashed potatoes (which I made the day before), cranberry sauce, and two different green bean side dishes. I made one green bean dish and E made the other. We had pumpkin pie from Costco and E brought apple dumplings which she made with her son's help. I used lots of recipes from the Pioneer Woman. Here's the turkey. It had great flavour.

Here is my table before the food was ready. We put another leaf into the table. I needed to buy some new plates since I don't have a complete set of china to serve 8 people.

My hubby helped me a lot with cleaning and cooking. Here he is peeling oranges (with A's help) to make the brine.

It was a lot of work getting the house guest ready. One example is I took out all the books out of the bookcase in order to dust. It is really nice having the clutter gone.


Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails