We stayed two nights at the Polynesian Resort. We had a living room with a fireplace, a kitchen, and one bedroom. The man at the desk told us that Kurt Cobain had worked there as a teenager. The hotel is right on the beach. Well, there is a 5 minute walk through some bushes and dunes to get there. You can hear the surf in the room. I loved the sound and the fresh sea air.
You can drive on the beach.
We didn't go farther than this since our car doesn't have 4 wheel or front wheel drive.
In the morning we went to Sharky's first. It is a t shirt and souvenir store.
We went to the Jetty.
J and the boys walked/climbed along the rock wall. I found more sea life in tide pools.
Lunch at Subway, again. Up next was mini golf for J and the boys. I went shopping. There isn't too much shopping in Ocean Shores. There is one good shabby chic store where I found some treasures and I also visited a thrift store.
There are lots of deer hanging out in Ocean Shores. By the side of the road and behind our hotel.
The sun finally came out. We went to the beach.
I can't believe I can get the results above with a phone.
I wanted to stay longer at the beach but we came back to our hotel to take advantage of the early bird dinner special for $10.99. We felt like seniors.
Friday morning after we finished this puzzle
we headed for home. Our car wouldn't start after stopping at the grocery store in Ocean Shores. Found someone to give us a boost. I guess our car didn't want to leave the ocean.
It was a very good vacation. Lots of variety of places and lots of natural wonders. I think what I liked best was that we did a hike or walk every day except for the day in Ocean Shores.
Pin It
Saturday, August 06, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment